BENEFITS OF PEER SUPPORT
For Victim Advocates
- Build and strengthen knowledge and skills to deliver high quality services consistent with the NCA Standards for Accreditation and OVC Model Standards
- Develop strong and meaningful collaborations among varied victim advocates within their community
- Engage in shared problem-solving, debriefing and resource development
- Builds on and augments resources and mentoring supervisor provides
- Fosters and strengthens victim advocacy contributions to interdisciplinary collaborations and case review to better inform individual agency decision-making
Optimizes the services, support, and assistance received by victims and families and ensures their voice is prominent and heard through the victim advocate’s role as a link to other MDT members, other service providers, partner agencies, and the legal system.